Finished! Took an hour and 15 mins, not bad considering our very first playthrough took 2+ hours due to spooks, but we did play it at night in the dark then.
Found some different/extra things this time around.
- The clock in the hallway seems to tick for the first minute of each loop, with the colon between the numbers flashing. This would indicate that it ticks up to midnight but never actually reaches it.
- Noticed the camera on the drawers with the phone for the first time. Also noticed that in the bathroom when you have the flashlight and you look through the peephole there seems to be some reflecting, alike what you find in a camera lens. Though this is only visible when standing at a few angles. When we checked through the hole in the fast red hallways there didn’t seem to be any reflecting, though this may be to do with the fact we didn’t have a choice. A lens could be cool, the husband could have watched ‘Lisa’ through the peephole with a lens and thus how he discovered she was taking birth control pills as a way to flush out the baby. These are all just ideas though.
- Actually looked up on the balcony after the window smashing loop. On the first run we played we kept checking the balcony but seem to have missed the only one where she shows up. Not cool though. She just stands there for a bit before twitching and stepping back. This resembles the ‘haunting’ stance.
- Got a green flashlight! Previously had only been the regular flashlight colour, so that was exciting.
- Also when going into the bathroom in the red run hallways after being ejected from the peephole we got to listen to the baby-fetus-thing talk about the husband being an alcoholic and Lisa’s boss.
- We didn’t encounter a haunting at all, but we went pretty efficiently through the loops without turning back which would explain that.
- Also in the final loop with the baby laugh ‘puzzle’ we waited for the clock to strike midnight. While it was still dinging we walked 10 steps against the phone drawers which triggered the first baby laugh. Brauley then used the microphone and said “Jareth” which didn’t do anything and a couple more words. I said to perhaps wait until the clock had finished making noise, he then said “Jehovah” which triggered the second laugh, which caused the controller to vibrate leading to the third laugh and phone call.
- At the end we didn’t get the yellow or red screen. We got plain black, and on the first playthrough it had been white.
- On the red loop after the fridge the voice on the radio was speaking strangely, either backwards or in a different language, it was hard to determine. At the end of it’s speech it said “204863” then it turned to static.
Well that was a whole bunch of probably useless information but it is interesting to think about all of these things. As for the final baby laugh puzzle I would say the solution of 10 steps then a J word is more or less confirmed. I suggest buying a PS4 just for this teaser though.
It was good to play again, but thank god there was no haunting and we were not killed by her otherwise I probably would have just noped away.